FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Job Rant
Thread: Job Rant
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 06:53 PM   #12
wvaherp
The sad part is, I'm technically part of the younger generation and I see it and deal with it every day. Really makes it hard to give half a rat's @$$ when you busted yours to prove yourself and make it a rung or two up the ladder only to see lazy and incompetent people get promotions just because they've been around for a couple years. Even then, most of them are only around that long due to the litigious society we live in where HR departments are too scared to fire somebody in an at-will state...

Stings even worse when you think about how hard it is to get good help then watch those exceedingly rare people leave for greener pastures after being promised promotions and better pay that never comes (if they even last that long before somebody else snatches them up).

Hell... I was promised when I took my last promotion that they would make sure my old position was back-filled so I'd have help. Problem is, there's nobody I trust in a lower-level role that we can promote from and hiring somebody from the outside is out of the question.

JColt, I'm not sure which city you're in, but I know a couple people that have been in the LE field on that side of the river and most of them have said the same thing. I also know a couple younger deputies over this way that are some level headed hard-working guys, but that isn't always the norm here either. It gets even worse once you get to the federal level (which we have a lot of in these parts, thanks to the late senator Byrd). Some of the ones that work for uncle Sam are real pieces of work! To the point where my local sheriff actually instructs his deputies to not be lenient with anyone wearing a DOJ uniform, after the behavior of some of the "FNG's." Sadly enough, I do understand some of the state/local LEO's being disgruntled and lazy with what they get paid around here. Pretty bad when you can make as much or more working at sheetz as a you do as a state trooper.