FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Tree frog (?) in the citrus trees
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 01:18 AM   #7
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Turner View Post
Great pix as usual. Maybe you should look at getting one of those belt holsters for your camera so you can just bring it with you no matter what you're up to.
I finally got around to taking a photograph of this latest camera rig I have been using for the closeup shots. The lens on the camera now (Nikkor 200mm micro lens) isn't the one I have been using before (Nikkor 105mm micro lens), as I had some pics to take that I needed more working space for. But honestly, I think I like the results from the 105mm better than this 200mm. Exposure just seems to be better, even though I think the 200mm might be a little bit sharper.

Anyway, this will show why some sort of holster won't really work for me to carry this around.

Honestly, I think I'm going to have to figure out a way to get 30 years younger just to be able to manage with this thing. It weighs a LOT! I'm thinking I may need to attach a monopod to it to help support it a bit. Of course, I guess it is good exercise working with this setup. I'll have Schwarzenegger arms in no time at all.