FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Obsolete or invalid email addresses
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 01:42 PM   #1
WebSlave
Exclamation Obsolete or invalid email addresses

Please verify that the email address you are using in your account on this site is still valid. Replies to threads you are subscribed to, notices of private messages being received in your inbox, and maybe a few other instances will issue emails to your registered email address. If that address is not valid, or otherwise disabled, this sends a bounceback message to me. And in perhaps some instances also sends red flags to the related email service about this site possibly not being valid or perhaps even an issuer of spam related messages. It is not at all unusual for spam sources to utilize bogus return email addresses, so I would imaging that spam blocking software keeps a sharp eye out for this sort of situation.

So this causes some problems that really need to be addressed. Sooner or later (hopefully sooner) I will be going through the list of bounced email addresses that have been accumulating and contacting the account owners via private message about correcting their email issue. Please take care of this ASAP! Failure to do so will leave me little choice in what I have to do about your account causing these email issues. I cannot have something silly like this negatively affecting this site, so I will have to do what I have to do in order to try to correct it as best I can. So after receiving my notice of the email failure, if you refuse to correct the problem, you may very well find you account access to this site severely restricted. Sorry, but I do have to do what I have to do. You will not be leaving me any choice in the matter.

BTW, if you created a temporary email address merely to register on this account and have already abandoned it, sorry, but you might find yourself in a pickle if you want to continue using this site. For one thing, if you forget your password, you are pretty much out of luck, since the procedure necessary to reset your password requires a valid email address in order to work properly. Certainly trying to contact me using an invalid email address, or even one where you have the spam settings set too high, is certainly going to be a problem for you. I do reply to emails, but cannot help it if you cannot receive my reply.

Secondly, those people who post classified ads here will get email notices of posted replies to their ads sent to them via email. And notices of private messages related to sales inquiries are normally associated with an email sent to you to alert you of such messages in case you come to this site only infrequently. So really, you have some darn good reasons to make sure your registered email address is valid at all times. To not make sure that all lines of communication under your control are open to you at all times is, to me anyway, just nonsensical.

Of course, some people have just abandoned this site anyway, and don't give a flip about their email address, and those accounts will have to be addressed accordingly in order to stop the problems they are causing.

Have I made my point clear enough yet?