FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Obsolete or invalid email addresses
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 07:10 PM   #4
WebSlave
So far this has been rather effective getting members to update their email addresses to help clean up this bounced email problem. Most take care of it right away, and even without notifying me of this fact, I can tell because the bounced emails from their account just ceases.

There are still a few that have not complied after the notices were issued to them, and I have had to restrict their access to this site to try to better get their attention about this matter.

Interestingly, when an old well traveled thread is resurrected from the dead, I will get a rash of bounced emails, often from members who haven't been active here for years. In such cases, I will send them an email notice, just in case they do come back someday, but also then disable all functions in their account that will result in emails being issued to them that will just continue to generate bounce backs to me. That includes all subscriptions to any threads they have activated via their participation or purposely set, as well as any email notices of any kind. If they do come back in the future, these are all things that can be re-established as needed by their request.