FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - West Virginia state law issues
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #21
zooherper
I've read, and re-read this proposed law. It makes such little sense. It bans big cats, but not hyenas. It bans alligators and caimen, but not crocodiles. It bans rear-fanged colubrids--the majority of which aren't medically significant--but it's ok to have a death stalker scorpion! The majority of my collection are rear-fanged colubrids--I have western, eastern, and southern hognose; southern ring neck snakes, mussurana, false water cobras, and ornate flying snakes! To go a step further, they listed "Colubridae" as a banned family? Sure, they said "rear fanged", but without even generic specifications (Heterodon, for instance), the way it reads us that ALL colubrids are rear-fanged, and as such, banned. Gaaah! It really grinds my gears that our legislators will try to regulate the pet trade but not industrial chemical storage facilities, which leads to thousands of West Virginians without water!!! Fools! I let Governor Tomblin know that I believe he should veto this bill. Please urge others to do the same.