FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami)
Thread: Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami)
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 11:33 PM   #111
Prestige Reptiles
Everyone I know that this thread is already closing but I ask you all to read this carefully including Mike. I have purchased a descent amount of snakes from Mike “Snakes at Sunset” including in the order of purchased: Pastel Ball Python, Albino Ball Python, Red Tail Boa, Albino Red Tail Boa, and an Ivory Ball Python. I am not sure if at this time Amir still owned the store of not but, he first two ball pythons I purchased from Mike “snakes at Sunset” were in excellent condition this must have been almost two years ago. The two Boas, which, I purchased about a year ago, were in awful condition. I was very new to the reptile industry at this time and I had to call Mike for help. Never once did he offer to trade out or return the animals for their lack of health he simply told me to go to the store and by lice shampoo and clean them. Though, it was descent advice it still did not help. After about a month my regular red tail was clean. The Albino however was an ongoing struggle. Eventually the snake cleared up and it is still alive and healthy to those wondering. My Ivory was also in great condition however this snake did not come from his store and was not there for more than a couple of hours.
Mike I would like you to know that in my opinion you are one of the worst business people I have ever had to deal with. Not because two of the animals I purchased from you had mites because like many have said and I do agree with “shit happens” but because you were absolutely rude. The first time I went into your store you were preoccupied with your computer and it took me a few minutes to get you off of the thing to take a snake out of the tank for me. This was not the only circumstance that you were rude but, earlier this year when my partner and I walked into your store to look for some males we noticed a yellowbelly ball python. My buddy popped “him” just to be sure and who would have thought it was a female. We asked you to pop “him” just to be sure and you agreed. We wanted that female for the $50, which you should have sold her there for the $50 since it was your mistake but no you now wanted $120, which is absolutely ridiculous. I do understand that a guy has to make money but that is a terrible way to treat a previous client. Later when we called you to try to renegotiate you stooped down to the level of a child and decided to call my partner names, and myself, which were totally inappropriate.
Mike I do not wish to fight with you or bad mouth your store. My only goal for this thread is to make sure that everyone who may want it knows my opinion on you and how you handle your previous clients.
As to the original thread of the Green Tree Python I must agree with those who say you should have had it nowhere near display. I also must say that if you had no where else to put it you should have probably taken it home where you could have kept a close eye on the animal and keep it away from all of the other animals. To support my above comments on you being rude and referring to name calling your replies to this thread only support your accused behavior. For example you had to go on and bash the original posters trade rating. Who cares if he does not have one he felt a need to allow people to nowhere your store has gone. You also had to go on and call Jonathon from Breeders Circle out like that. To be quite honest that just makes you look bad you know absolutely nothing about the guy and you had to go and do that. For your knowledge Jonathon is one of the best beardy, and gecko breeders in the state of Florida. Mike im not sure if others noticed this but you contradict yourself. First you said that your baby beardies only had 3-4 to a cage and later in the post you said 4-5. Lastly in your defense about purchasing the GTP you had said you did not notice the mites. You either did not look, did not care, or don’t know what you are looking for because those are the BIGGEST mites I have ever seen and most here will agree with me.
Needless to say I will never be doing business with Mike again. I hope Mike that you take this thread in the right way and learn and grow from it. If you do not then you do not understand how life works. I do not believe people purpose was to come on here and destroy your reputation or shutdown you store but only inform you and fellow herpers of what is going on in the community.

Thank you,
Kaleb