FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Venomoids, the right and the wrong.
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #179
Snakehandler
Mr. Hoser,

Again you misrepresent the truth.

What Mr. Watherow did or did not do is of no consequence to me or the current ownership of Snakehandler Pty Ltd, there has been no attack by myself on you, simply the statement that it is illegal to demonstrate venomous snakes in Victoria under any legislation provided you have the appropriate permits.....which I have.

The discussion here is is it right or wrong to venomoid snakes, now since you completed you procedures there has been a change in the law, outlawing this process as it has no medical benefit to the animal. Just like docking the tail of a dog or declawing a cat. It cannot be done in Australia, not by you, a vet or any other person.

Any other issues raised have been by yourself.

No associate, friend or employee of mine has an AVO on them. The people who you have sought out through the courts have NO association with me personally.......Facebook hardly equates to friendships or associates, simply people who have similar interests.....most of these people have liked my snakehandler fan page, just like you have people who have liked your page and I have NO control on them. I have no associates in any wildlife department, if you are not stalking me why did you front to court with two A4 binders of 'evidence' dating back to 2005 when I purchased the business. You have been collecting every word printed that mentions my name, my business name or anything you believe is published by me.....this is stalking

I have never asked anyone to do anything illegal, and in all the court proceedings you have brought forth, you have never been able to link them to me......as the Judge in the County Court said to you this year in July....just because you say it's so doesn't make it so.

I am still opposed to venomoids, I still comply with every section of legislation and work towards making people more aware of safety around wildlife. No snake handled by me has ever died, we teach the use of tongs for the purpose of snake catching on RUBBER SNAKES (again you will claim to have a statement from someone who has done our training......just because you say its so doesnt make it so) as it is a technique that although not everyone agrees with is legally permitted, if trained correctly enables the safe handling of snakes without having to make physical contact by human hand, and yes old style tongs did cause damage, they have never been used by my company, Midwest have produced a set of tongs known as Gentle Giants, specifically designed for handling venomous snakes, under the Coal mine health and safety act (QLD), the Mining and Quarrying safety act (QLD) and the occupational health and safety act it is my duty to enable people to use a variety of techniques to suit a given situation. In most cases the companies that I work with would prefer to use hands off techniques where possible, we on the other hand prefer people to learn to hook or tail snakes.

I have NEVER made statements that would affect your permits, I have actually refused to be part of it when asked if I could provide names of people you have had dealings with that have asked me where to complain to.....I simply do not want to be associated with any legal case involving you...remember you dragged me into court.....not the other way around.

I have a very successful business, if its second to you I don't care.....I wasn't aware of any publicly available opinion poll on who is best and wouldn't worry myself with it anyhow....I have more than enough business to make my life very comfortable......competition is good, it keeps most people attentive to their own business practices where they attempt to be better every day rather than put others down.

Once again the procedure of venomoiding a snake in Australia is NOW illegal, the OH&S act cannot endorse an illegal practice, hence your statement that it is now illegal to demonstrate venomous snakes unless they have been venomoided is incorrect. As to whether its right or wrong in other respects, morally and ethically I find it wrong, disgusting and unnecessary......we would never do it, never want them or ever consciously work with surgically altered snakes