FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - 'Serpent-Handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:04 AM   #27
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Just like you can disapprove of a person's actions without attacking him as a person, you can disapprove of this practice without attacking the religion.
But it's not the person, it's his religion that promotes this. He's not the only snake handling preacher, is he? Somebody else mentioned that snake handling has been practiced for thousands of years. I disapprove of religions that practice dangerous, archaic practices that go against modern knowledge and basic common sense. There are religions that mutilate the genitals of infants, there are religions that promote violence against other religions, and there are religions that tell their followers to put themselves in blatant danger in the name of faith. I show my disapproval by voicing my thoughts that they are stupid for doing these things.

I know this is all just my opinion and I never presented it as anything but that. I'm doing the same thing that you guys are defending- expressing my beliefs. And I did it in no way that violates any rules of these boards, so i'm not sure why Mr. Moore is so upset.