FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - 'Serpent-Handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #29
IMAJACOBIAN
I don't beleive that this has gone too far off topic. After all, the article was about a religious act that is controversial to say the least. I'm not defending anybody here, but everybody has their own beliefs and a right to express them. However, this is a privately owned web page and there are rules to follow with certain paramaters that we can express our opinions within. This is for a good reason and to protect everybody.

Mike, you have every right to have strong feelings against this practice, many battle for our right to own venomous snakes. There are some people who agree with handling like this, but I am not one. I do have strong feelings against it as a dangerous act, but I do not have(nor does anybody else here) a higher power to say what is truly right and wrong religiously speaking.

I too, in my first post made the same comment and called them a name for calling it a poisonous snake. I was corrected by both Lucille and Shadera for this and I believe they are correct in their statements.

There are many religions, and many of them are ideas from the same book to say the least. Who has the right to say one view of it is the correct view. What proof lays in front of everybody to make it obvious. The best solution I can think of is to respect different views of the same ideas which sometimes are extreme and sometimes just slight variations of another idea.

Jacob