FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Updates- Hatched Veileds LOTS OF PICS
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 07:44 PM   #9
whitey4311
Studies do not show that in fact. My recently published book on cham keeping states clearly that 1 hour of a higher rated UV bulb is more adequate. The lower level bulbs have nearly no effect on that chams. This is why they must sit there the entire day to achive adequate amts of UV for the day. However the book clearly goes on to state that there are not enough studies to solidify the claim that a lower rated UV light is better. It seams up in the air for now but I can attest to its beniefits from the moment i plugged it in.

I use mystic bulbs and I can persoanlly account for the immediate color and behavior changes from it. When my baby Nose Be grew up under the 5.0 bulb he had no visual response to it at all.
In my opinion she is doing every thing correctly now that she provided cover for the babies.

Please note that that bulb may be too strong for such a small tank and one made of glass at that. My chams are in a massive cage(6ftx3ftx3ft) and the bulb is at closest 9-10 inches from them unless they crawl underneath the screen, which rarely happens. One other note is that with that bulb and my mystic bulbs are not needed all day as with the weak 5.0 ones. Cycle it on and off during the day for 1 hour at a time to prevent over exposure. Since the chams like it so much more they will stay there and burn themselves.

Mine goes on 4 times a day for 1 hr each, 8-9, 11-12, 2-3, 5-6 respectively. I have tons of cover as well. There are pics under the "massive cage thread"