FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami)
Thread: Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami)
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #14
ReptileAddictions
Certainly all pet stores have different standards, that is up to the owner to set. People need to set better standards.

My standards? I only buy snakes that are guaranteed CBB from reputable breeders I know and trust. No one I know would send me a wc condro. Also, I am not cheap. I get what I pay for and I will pay the extra for nice animals.

All my snakes come with complete records. Breeder, parents, hatch date, feeds, sheds, bowel movements. Those records continue here in store and are passed on to the buyer.

I only buy after 5 feeds. And I only sell after at minimum one feed in store, so at least 1 week!

I have over 300 snakes in store. NO EXCUSES for bad husbandry. Hire more people if you have to. Or know when to cut back on the snake count if you cant.

This is the daily chore list for my employees in order of when it needs to be done. No one goes home until it is complete. And I check every line when it is complete after they check it off and initial it, if it is not done to my satisfactory I do it myself. EVERY DAY!

EVERYTHING gets cleaned and feed here daily. EVEN THE RODENTS AND BUGS!

Turn on snake room light.

Spray everyone not on misters- including snakes.(Everyone who doesn’t have sand)

Feed Salads= Tortoises, Uromastyxs, Dragons, Rankins, Water Dragons, Rhino Iguanas, Frilled Dragons, Butterfly Agamas, Sheild Tail Agamas

Feed Bugs Everyone except tags with 0 on them. Including box turtles and frogs.

Feed Monitors, Blue Tongues, and Tegus Superworms/Boiled Eggs/ Ground Turkey/ Rodents/ Scrambled Eggs (daily rotation). Don’t forget the guy up front.

Clean out all snake cages of fecies and urinates and sheds (DOCUMENT)

Wash all snake room waterbowls.

Wash all main floor lizard waterbowls.

Feed gecko Diet. Cresteds, Gargoyles, Dull Days, Standings, Peacocks, Williamsii, williamsii and morning geckos, Giant Madagascars.

Change ALL Rodent Bedding. Feed and water ALL Rodents.

Feed and water ALL Bugs in feeder room and out on floor feeder rack.

Windex outside of all glass cages .

Windex inside of all glass except dart frogs- use filtered water and a razor blade.

Spot clean inside of ALL cages, take out any poop you see on ground covering and wipe any leaves with water that have poop or calcium all over them.

Wipe tops of cages and lights and shelves with green bottle spray. (smells good)

Sweep, Mops with green bottle.

Clean sink, toilet, mirror, and bathroom floor. (green bottle)

Take out trash.

Check amount of worms in fridge, if the supply is low count more cups out. Should be 10 cups of 50 mealies, 10 cups of 100 mealies, 1 cup of 500 mealies, be 10 cups of 50 giant mealies, 10 cups of 100 giant mealies, 1 cup of 500 giant mealies,

Check Freezer Rodent stock- if there are things that need to be criovaced, Criovac them.

Spray everyone again.- everyone not on misters- including snakes.(Everyone who doesn’t have sand)

Turn off snake room light.

Go Home and have a great night!