FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
amercnwmn
Yes Dustin, I did link her to it.
She also copy/pasted a reply on another thread where IBD had been brought up on my first attempt at this thread (forgot the name in title).

Here is her copy/paste reply from the other thread:

Quote:
And I, obviously, understand the concern about the health of the animals... As I stated, I do not believe that there is anything wrong with any of my animals and that there hasn't been since that one, hopefully, isolated incident with the BCL...
Already contradicting her statement admitting she lost 3 to 4 other snakes since that death.
Quote:
But, I have decided to hold off on my projects for this year simply to INSURE to the community that there is no issue... By next season, it will have been 2 years since the BCL incident and provided that there are no issues with ANY animal until then, then there should be no issues... .
It's good that she has decided to hold off, but I think it's a little late for anyone who MIGHT have received a snake that was exposed, and to the new additions she has added since the IBD confirmation.
I have a friend, whom I hope will speak up, who has had 6 deaths (2 were voluntary euthanasias) in 2 years from IBD slowly eeking its way through her collection.
So I disagree that no symptoms means no disease.
I also disagree that one year would make 2 years free of issues, since she admitted she lost the others.

Quote:
And even though I believe that there is no issue, NOW, I would rather wait and INSURE it to everyone else then have a bunch of babies that no one wants due to "possibilities"..
My opinion is I would expect someone who cares about the welfare of their animals AT THIS POINT, to be more worried about the "possibility" being IBD infecting people's collections, not whether I was stuck with babies people didn't want..

Quote:
I feel that that is the best thing I can do as of now... well, including not getting anymore animals, but the hubby already told me I can't anyway because we don't need anymore, but that's besides the point... IF my vet can find someone around here to do the live tissue biopsy that isn't like, several hours away, I will look into the live liver biopsies as well... I believe there may be one about 45 mins in Salado that will do it, but if not I will have to look into College Station...
I think that would be a good idea. However, as mentioned above the LACK of wouldn't automatically mean a clean bill of health, but it would give you a little more piece of mind. Then I would have another testing done next year before I even considered adding/selling any snakes.

Quote:
I still do not feel that my collection, Yvonne's collection or any animal that has been around any of them are in danger... But I would rather prove that to y'all then get harassed about it this season.
I don't care if you prove anything to me or anyone else. They are your snakes, I'd feel bad for someone that gets a sick snake from you that wipes out their collection, but unfortunately it wouldn't be the first or last case of THAT happening.

You should want to prove the well being of your snakes to yourself, IMO.