FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:45 AM   #177
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by hboyles66 View Post
All I can say is RIDICULOUS!!!! Ashley has said she prides herself of her proper quarantine and care of snakes but with a turnover rate like that it is not possible. I hope any who wishes to deal with Ashley or Casper Constrictors will read these post and Take it asll into consideration before buying from a careless breeder. I also saw on her website that she has enetered into a partnership with another breeder who has sent their snakes to her. S+Do you think she has told them of the IBD situation? I am willing to bet she hasn't and if she did it was after she got the snakes to her house. I hope the herpers of Texas will see this thread and help to prevent her from shows until she proves she is taking care of buisness the proper way.
I don't know and that person has to come forward.

Honestly, I am merely a spectator to this whole charade. However, I just can't keep my mouth shut when she could possibly be infecting people's collections, and have seen her history with animals as posted on a certain forum over the past 2 years.

I got my first boa in '08 and have a total of 7 boas and pythons, but those took me 2 years to acquire and acclimate. I still have animals separated off.

This should be a lesson to anyone who wants to get started in this hobby/business, if anything at all comes of this. These are animals, and animals take time to raise, or at least that has been my experience. If you don't dedicate the necessary time and resources to your animals (in this case, quarantine and testing) and end up selling them when you may or may not (notice that I keep saying may NOT), you might end up in hot water like this. There are too many variables in this case alone to be able to sift through where it might have began and where it might end.

We all make mistakes, it's how you deal with them that counts.