FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Security & Privacy, Personal information, Stolen Identities, Protecting Our Family
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 12:20 AM   #19
Big Borg Reptiles
I understand what you're saying, but from my understanding (and correct me if I'm wrong Rich), the fact that people post their name and location has NEVER led to any form of identity theft on this site. I personally have my business email, personal cell number, and picture of myself available on my website that is posted at the bottom of every single one of my posts. The fact of the matter is, I have nothing to hide. I am completely transparent with people because that's the sort of business I believe in.

I have had people who I have never spoken with call me or email me with questions about snakes. It has never been an issue. If they're looking to buy, I usually tell them to text me or email me with details (so that it is documented), but there is absolutely no need for someone to send me a formal message first to introduce themselves. I don't need to know someone's life story to give them a snake, I just won't deal with someone that sounds fishy from the get go. That's all there is to it.