FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Crested Gecko Classified sub-forum
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 03:48 PM   #8
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpulawski View Post
I wasn't saying it for convenience, I just figured the most popular animals would be the ones with a dedicated sub forum, and make it easier for those looking. Sorry to have offered what I thought was something constructive.
Sorry that you have apparently been offended by my reply. Maybe I'm reading between the lines too much when I envision what such a change will really entail and the probable results thereof. I'm just trying to understand the pressing "why" of a change being suggested, and so far I just don't see it. Just because there is a larger subset of a particular type of gecko being advertised isn't quite justification for a separate section for them. Now if crested geckos get to the level where there are a few PAGES of ads placed in a single day, then perhaps we can have something to work with. As an example, this is why the ball pythons are not just folded into the Pythons Classifieds section. They have the traffic to warrant their own section. I'll be quite honest about it, if it weren't for the fact that the leopard gecko section has a good number of sponsors supporting it, I would probably just fold that one into the general Geckos Classifieds section as well.

I asked specifically about sponsors for this newly suggested section to try to get a gauge of how supported it will be with sponsorships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
So, how many people will be willing to become sponsors for this requested addition?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inret View Post
No thank you
With no forthcoming contrary support, I have to assume that this is the general consensus about my question.

And as a FYI, unless the lizard and snake discussion forums pick up either with postings and/or sponsorships, they will ALL quite likely get folded into a General Lizard Discussion Forum and General Snake Discussion Forum sometime in the near future. I can't see having those separated sections if each of them only gets a couple of posts PER MONTH and aren't supported by sponsors.

So use them or lose them, as they say. Traffic has been slowing down here, so it is getting time to contract some things into a more reasonable structure that reflects the current traffic volume.