FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy CCSB Reptile Rescue- Chad Griffin
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 10:56 PM   #24
jessehherp
Stop!

And to speak as to why i took the animal home anyway, yes i was excited, but i have also been looking for a Tupinambis zuliensis female for close to three years now. They are impossible to find. I even tried getting a few people to import me one or two, and everyone came back with the same answers either it was 'out of season for them' or they could no longer import from Venezuela.

I new the animal wasnt 100% but i was willing to take on some stuck shed and weight loss. I already had panacur at the house and i can run my own fecal exams, so that wouldnt have been a problem either. But when i noticed the clicking and saw a bubble come out of his nose, thats when i got a bit panicked.

As to why i asked for a refund it was suggested for me to do so by someone in one of the BoI pages im on, in order to exhaust all possibilities for resolution, and im assuming so that when i posted, people couldnt say that i didnt give him a chance to make things right. Tbh i disnt really expect a refund. I did expect an appology. I did expect some kind of excuse as to why the animal was Sick, and why he was selling said animal at repticon. I HOPED for something along the lines of 'oh that one wasnt taken last weekend we noticed she was sick and she was supposed to be set aside for treatment. What i didnt expect is for a RESCUE to tell me that a vet visit where an animal with diagnosed with skin infections and a respiratory infection, and was put on antibiotics, was a waste of time.

And honestly. There is no way i would give that baby back to him. I get dont buy from crap holes like that, it only gives them more money to be crappy, and maybe i had a lapse of judgement, but i had been looking for a female T. Zuli for so long, and i had driven so far, i was willing to deal with the couple things i had seen, well, thought i had seen. And im willing to pay the vet bills. She will be well taken care of.

Im just upset that they are getting away with doing things like this. Im also curious as to why no one else has speaked out against them. Sence i have posted several people have come to me saying they had similar experiences, i dont get why i am the only one who has posted like this.
My one transaction isnt the entire motivation behing these posts, my motivation is that they are continuously lying, and 'selling' people (not rehoming, selling) sivk animals. And a good majority of people who get them dont know what to look for. A lot of there customers are first time reptile owners. Its just a shame, thats all.