FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - !!! ATTN: Veasna Muth STOLE $450.00 FROM ME! AVOID AT ALL COSTS, SCAM ARTIST !!!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004, 04:54 PM   #25
Mister Internet
Ok, I've rarely felt compelled to contribute in the BOI, but I just thought I'd throw this out there... there is a big difference between "Being in business" and "good business practices". No, getting a female snake knocked up and desiring to sell the progeny does not make one a businessman... however, TAKING SOMEONE'S MONEY IN EXCHANGE FOR ONE DOES. As soon as you accept money for an item or service, you are in business... don't like it? Give them away for free. As soon as you take possession of someone else's hard-earned money, you enter into a contract... if that contract means little to you (as I would suspect it means little to some, based on the comments here in "support" of the deadbeat dealer), then it is best to simply not enter into such contracts.

It is ridiculous to think that a society could function if all commercial transactions were completed at the seller's leisure... I'm sorry, we can't get you that car until next April, but we'll sure take your $15,000 now... Thanks for the $150 advance, we'll call you when we have a table available at our restaurant, I'm sorry your father died because he didn't have his heart meds, but we just didn't feel like sending them out. See how ridiculous that sounds?

Almost as ridiculous as "he's a hobbyist, not a businessman". Well, if you don't want to be a businessman, DON'T SELL YOUR ANIMALS. The buyer sent the seller money, the seller agreed to send a snake in exchange. If that's not business, someone please explain to me what business IS.