FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The ALL NEW Fauna FREE seed Gift and Exchange
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #16
catherine carney
I've got Ohio farmland, riparian meadows and woods. Native wildflowers and lots of ornamentals and heirlooms--mostly hardy stuff that the darn deer won't eat. Need to split perennials and can ship them over the next month, and can save seeds over the season for fall shipment....

Here's the hardy stuff I know is available:
crabapple seedlings (< 4", colors unknown, found under existing trees)
Monarda didyma hybrids (mostly lavendars/purples/pinks, don't know what clump is what color right now)
Pixwell gooseberries (suckers from existing plants that need to be thinned)
Celandine poppy (native wildflower, not the cultivated form)--plants now, seeds later
Ostrich ferns (these can be invasive--not as bad as bamboo, but they do run and take over)
Snowball Viburnum (Viburnum carlecephalum, suckers off of existing large shrubs)
Common Lilac (the old fashioned fragrant one, suckers from the main clump that needs to be thinned).
Hardy water lilies (pink?)--the clumps in the goldfish ponds need to be thinned
Blue flowered Arrow leafed plant (name escapes me, I'll look it up, great marginal plant)

There's a lot more out there, but this is what comes to mind quickly. I'll put together a more complete list later today if people are interested.

The way the aquarium clubs I belong to work these trades is that the sender pays shipping for the items in the box. Is that at all similar to here?