FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - More varmints!
Thread: More varmints!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 07:52 PM   #5
WebSlave
Yeah, I hear that!

We used to have a lot of roadside sellers every late Spring and early Summer selling fresh watermelons along the road, but that seems to be rarer and rarer every year. Just don't see them around like we used to, for some reason. If we had a steady supply of them during prime season, then heck, yeah, that would be the way to go. Nothing like getting all hot and sweaty working out in the yard and then sitting out on the screen enclosed side porch eating cold slices of watermelon to cool down.

But even so, changing the focus to the citrus trees, NOTHING we can get at the grocery stores comes even close to the home grown citrus we grow here. The tangerines in the local grocery stores are pitiful looking (small) compared to ours and the taste so bland that we just don't even buy store bought tangerines any longer. The lemons at the store are so tiny that Connie and I laugh at them whenever we see them. Her trees produce these huge monsters that she likes so much (not keen on lemons myself) that I can't remember the last time she got a store bought lemon.

The only time we have problems with varmints in the citrus trees is every now and again a possum will get a taste for some of the "Changsha" tangerines.