FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What Are Some Tips I Can Get On Working With Cobras?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 05:48 AM   #27
MiamiCracker
I was just responding to the OP to begin with....
there are some people who get on the boards and never answer a question, they just put in their 2 cents and it was never asked for.
If I ask a question I expect an answer not opinion.
If I were to ask what are some tips on free handleing Green Mambas,
I am asking just that..........tips.....not "thats stupid"......"dont do it"......"your just gonna hurt the hobby"...................and so on and so forth....

didnt ask if I should ....just asked if anybody had some tips on how to do it.
Granted...if you want to free handle a green mamba, I, personaly, believe you to be a darwin award waiting to happen, and since I have no tips or advice on HOW TO FREE HANDLE GREEN MAMBAS I will keep my mouth (fingers) shut and move on to the next subject.........
the OP asked for TIPS on how to do something.
and now get ready for the flaming .........if you are stupid enough to handle, own, move, buy, house, feed, or any other activity that entails taking the risk of being envenomated, and you are not properly trained, then thank you for cleaning out the human gene pool.

I do know what I'm doing with venomous. I have a ton of expeirence, but anytime I decide to work with a specie that I have never had before.........I find someone who does. But the problem is .....when looking for said "mentor" you will find alot of times a bunch of elitest clowns who just want a slave to clean for them. I have had a few people who didnt want to hear what I have had, do have, or any other thing other than when can I come over to clean.

Now with that said ........The problem I see also with the article (again I think its a great article, but it just needs some tweaking)

is this ....it says you start out cleaning out non- venomous cages and stuff of that sorts for a few months.
how does that help in getting the hours needed for your VR permit.
in florida (as the article states and seems to head towards) you have to have 1000 hours of hands on training..........so again, how does cleaning out YOUR python cages help the person trying to get their VRC?
by that article you spend the better part of a year cleaning cages before you are even allowed in the room with a VR while its out of its cage.
and if thats what is happening then the "mentors are not only getting free labor but then are breaking the law by signing off on these people they are "training" and saying they have the 1000 hours but in reality they only have about 200-300 hours.

think about it.................and just so we are clear.....I AM NOT ASKING FOR ANYTHING, NO ADVICE NO TIPS, NOTHING I'm just stating the obvious....
If you want to help....help.....
when somebody asks a question please just answer the question.
I still have to find other "mentors" so I can finish my hours, but thats just it I just need hours, and I commend the guys I work with now as they dont just "sign off " on the paper work. I never stop learning, if you do, get out of the hobby. And 1 last thing when you are going to respond to a post ......read the entire thread so you have an idea of what the person you are reponding to has already said.......just a thought