FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - wc vs cb as it affects reptile health
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 02:31 PM   #1
lydiacourtney
wc vs cb as it affects reptile health

Some have not so kindly suggested I educate myself on Wild Caught vs Captive Bred reptiles both imported and captured in the US. and the relative health of the animals in either case. I am thankful for the suggestion. The following thread is a query about the positives and negatives of both, the laws regarding the breeding and sale of both, and the scientific evidence supporting the different schools of thought within this category.

My initial reaction to WC is negative, so you may note my bias, but please don't criticize it. I was highly surprised to find that it was so common. That said, I am currently trying to save a torty, and as such would like to hear more information as soon as possible about the effect of importing on Tortoise immunity and the evidence of dormant parasites which become active upon stress to the animal. My hope is to improve my own husbandry in order to protect pets and to promote group collaboration to create a body of accessible knowledge on the topic, which may help other pet owners and breeders.