FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - IL call to action new law affecting ALL animals
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 06:57 PM   #5
NARBC
This will hurt all of us!!!!!!!!! Jason is right on!!!!!

I spoke directly with Marshal Myers and Mike Maddox this morning at PIJAC. The number one thing everyone can do is join PIJAC.....its costs just $35 a year I think for the minimum membership fee. Log onto PIJAC.org and sign up today. My check goes out in the morning. You will receive the PIJAC newsletter that will fill you in on all legal issues facing the pet trade. You cant fight unless you know what is going on here guys!!! By signing up for PIJAC it gives them one more name on the list when they lobby the people in government who make the laws. Every name helps......no matter where you live. This recent attack on our rights to keep herps is just one of many more to come. Its time to fight guys.....lets get on the offensive and stop doing everything on the defensive. We need to start acting like a real industry.....lets each do something and stop waiting on someone else to do it for us. Every one of you out there needs to join PIJAC and start writing letters and let the government officials know we are tired of this crap. There are issues in this world that need their attention........and this is not one of them. Illinois like most states is facing budgets they cannot meet and job losses everywhere.....killing jobs with bills like this is not going to help anyone. A bill like this will kill the pet industry in one day. Can Illinois afford tolose more business? Can any state afford to lose the incredible amount of money the pet industry generates or the salaries the pet industry provides? Dead industries create zero tax dollars.....and I have never met a government official that would like to have less tax dollars to spend....have you? Its time to take action guys.....Illinois law will become your states law as soon as it is passed......big city law filters down to small cities......draw the line in the sand here before it gets to your back yard! ITS SIMPLE PEOPLE.......FIGHT NOW OR CRY LATER!!! Encourage everyone you know to join.....family, friends, customers.....everyone loses if we lose.

Brian Potter
Chicago Reptile House
North American Reptile Breeders Conf & Trade Shows
Link