FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What will happen if I....
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #35
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
I agree, it does get tiresome to answer the same questions over and over. When I'm not in the mood to answer a question, I back out of the thread and let someone else answer the question. It doesn't do any good to get my knickers in a twist over a question when there will ALWAYS be newbies with basic questions. Without newbies with questions, our hobby and or sales will not prosper.

Like Craig said above me, I think it is important to teach newbies. This is good for the animals and for breeders. If a newbie does not feel comfortable in a forum, they will go elsewhere. This does not help the forum or the breeders that the newbie may buy from in the future. We can help support our favorite forums by also supporting it's members. Without members/traffic, sponsors won't pay for ads which help keep forums up and running.

I do not visit many other forums because I don't feel comfortable with constant bickering and snarkiness.
I understand what you are saying, let me say this. I personally wouldn't be one to sell her an animal. I was appalled that she was breeding an older seriously underweight male that wasn't eating, apparently without concern for his health (I wonder who sold him to her ).

But some people need those kinds of customers or just don't care, as long as they make a buck.

Personally, I didn't consider her a noob, she's been around long enough to know that she's not always going to get a "sweet" answer (she doesn't always give a sweet answer either..but some people love drama and always fall for it).

So if everyone can return to answering and evaluating their OWN posts and stop trying to make other people conform to unrealistic expectations of how people should respond to posts when no rules were broken and no one was actually RUDE..it would be appreciated.