FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Venomoid in/near Indiana?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 10:00 PM   #14
Arctophile117
Ok, now that you explain that, yes, I was considering that as well. I'm prepared to equip my drawer with whatever additional antibiotics and whatnot that the vet would suggest. And I'd do a drastic bit of research on whoever I'm referred to, as there is the occasional quack.

I currently own a squam, and have done quite a lot of research on both sides of the coin. (The ethical issues I'm able to put any stock in center around possibly confusing a snake-loving future guest into thinking such a thing is ever safe; the issue regarding pain and suffering equates to a dog getting its balls lopped off, from what I've uncovered on updated venomoid techniques.) Seems the main ethical concern centers around a gross misunderstanding possibly developing within the general public, which I would agree would be cause enough for concern. My main concern here is, if I can (unfortunately) put my snake through a painful recovery period in order to avoid possibly hurting it over the course of its life by accident with my hooks and neck holds and whatnot, then it'd be a tradeoff. As I stand, even venomoid, it'd demand respect simply for the size of his teeth.