FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - BUYING A RETIC
Thread: BUYING A RETIC
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 01:44 PM   #5
Krj-2501
Quote:
all of you who have had experiences at reptile shows can you please tell me if i can find any thing decent and pretty in color and temperment from between 250.00 and 350.00 dollars??? i was looking online at some things i like. purple tiger retics, sunfire tiger retics, sunfire platiunum retics, and albino tiger or sunfire tiger retics.
You can possible get a tiger, sunfire, or suntiger for that price range. But the albinos, albino tigers and such will likely go for at least $450 or more. And those are pure mainlands. If you are looking for a smaller retic - I would suggest looking in a 50% super dwarf - which will usually start at about $500 and will be normal poss het for albino. A 50% super dwarf tiger or sunfire will likely be at least $750, and a 50% superdwarf albino will likely be about $900-1,000.

Quote:
A retic will outgrow a tank very quickly so if you do bring one home order its adult enclosure immediately if you don't already have one set aside, as the larger enclosure makers have a 4-8 month backlog.
Depends on it's genetic make up & how it is raised. A mainland retic can easily grow from a 2 foot hatchling to a 10 feet long in a single year - if heavily feed(large meals, 1-2 times per week). Or you can raise a hatchling retic so that it take 5 years to reach 10 feet long - if it is on modestly feed schedule (a rodent roughly the same size a the thickest part of the snake - once per week). So it is going to depend on how you feed it - to determine when you need to order the adult cage.