FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - About the Good Guy Certification Program
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #28
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I'm going to start reviewing those yellowed accounts this weekend (probably starting Saturday night). Anybody interested in participating, that will have time over the weekend - shoot me a PM. No big deal if you don't want to spend valuable weekend time on it; I just THINK I'll have some time to mess with it, and want to get on it ASAP.

Allowing for other things I need to do - I'm projecting getting the info to Rich by midweek. I've communicated with him a little bit about this - and I'll state that I'm NOT doing this to change his mind. I'm doing this more as an informational thing, so we can look at what is really happening. There are several factors that led to this thread, and I'm realistic enough not to anticipate that the findings will do much to change the flavor.
I'm not going to pursue contacting the members until I've had a chance to go over things with Rich for two main reasons. 1) It isn't my intent to try to force this issue by coaxing people to pay up. 2) I don't want to raise the subject of renewing to keep certificates, if the program is shutting down anyway. While there are other benefits to being a paid member, there are some that no doubt look at it as buying the certificate...and I don't want to get into those issues.
I'll put this in the "wait and see" category. I rarely stay married to any idea, whether it is my own or someone else's, if overwhelming evidence suggests that it's a truly WHACKY idea. And I can be convinced of anything if someone presents a strong enough argument. By "strong", I mean in supporting evidence, not how persistence or antagonistic some people have gotten in the past when they did not agree with my decisions.

So, convince me I am wrong. This isn't directed at Harald, as anyone can play. Who knows? Maybe I'll be in a better mood when viewing the evidence. Stranger things have happened.