FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Please Look
Thread: Please Look
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 01:11 AM   #2
LauraB
The very first dog I ever had was a Boxer that followed me home from elementary school. She had no collar, was thin and dirty, but was adult, tail and ears docked, knew basic commands, and so so sweet. We lived in a 3-story house, so I snuck her into the basement/utility room via a back door at night and fed her people food, lol. In the mornings, I would let her out before school and would leave the back basement door open a bit. She was always around the house when I returned from school, waiting for me. One day our live-in maid saw her in the utility room. Maid lived in the finished bedroom/living area across from the basement/utility room. She called the cops, they sent the dog pound and Duchess was gone.

Fast forward a week or so. I raised such an unholy fit for the week she was gone that my dad reluctantly went to the pound and adopted her back, once no one claimed her and the pound released her. They were not dog people, lol. She was my loyal, loving companion for many years and my family grew to love her as well. She really was the perfect dog.

I don't have much but happily donating