FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hay's Haven
Thread: Hay's Haven
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2003, 04:16 PM   #109
ms_terese
Unfortunate, yes. Odd, no.

I think Jason wrote this one off. Under the circumstances, I'm not sure I would blame him. I'm not saying I wouldn't handle it a bit differently, because I'd like to think I would investigate further for my own peace of mind, but I can't fault him for just walking away from this one. While Jason hasn't been nearly as vocal on this thread as Gary has, I think he's made it clear that he doesn't believe Gary's story.

I don't believe the letter that was scanned qualifies as a vet report, although it does clarify the diagnosis of one animal. Even if he spoke to the vet, the vet is going to have no memory of the event, but rather, will work off his records. That doesn't assist in establishing that these are the same leopard geckos, nor establishing the time frame.

Gary has been confused on treatment and diagnosis, and apparently when things died. No emails have ever been posted. No verification of shipping date. No dates about the death of the fat tails, or their replacement dates.

It was 9 months ago. Memories are fuzzy, records are questionable. In my own mind, I believe that neither of these men are scammers. I believe that both of them are fully convinced that they are correct and the other is in the wrong. I think Gary is overreacting, and Jason is turning his back on the situation. I wish EACH of them would handle it differently. However, I think that too much information is missing and too much time has elapsed to have a good resolution.

In other words, everyone lost on this one.