FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Vette was in a shop for 8 months, but finally back home
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 12:36 AM   #2
WebSlave
Sigh.... and now it is back in the shop. After developing an oil leak in the turbo scavenge pump lines and the finding that an oil line was pushed up against a rubber boot on one of the half axle shafts and slit open the boot, I had them send a tow truck this past Thursday to haul it back there.

That was after I fixed many different problems I found. A wire was pulled loose from a connector on the ABS pressure sensor. Multiple hose clamps were loose. One hose clamp was oriented in such a way that it was pretty darn difficult to get to the adjustment not, and the end of the threaded shaft was pressed right against the bottom of the radiator. Which would have eventually worn a hole in the radiator from vibration. One of the three nuts holding the engine cradle to the frame was not only loose, but a good quarter inch of bare thread was showing.

So after bringing it back home, it never left the lift again before being pulled out of the driveway to be driven up onto the flatbed tow truck...