FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Falys..where to draw the line???
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #108
clarkrw3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleodschams View Post
i know we need more to compare! i do think it comes with age which sucks because we need to be able to pick out some traites to identify young chams aswsell
I am trying to get others to post up their animals at any age so that we can really get a group to look at. It just is really hard because many breeders have more to loose than gain by posting pictures up and having people look at them and openly give opinions.

The problem with using Rostral at all, is often you don't get to see the animals before you purchase them, the rostral develops at a later age and continues development till after 1 y/o. Also Faly seem to develop slower than many locales. So even if you could start to see it at say 3-4mo on many locales you might not be able to in many clutches of Faly.

I commend Chuck for selling individual animals with pictures and once they are developed enough to get an idea as to what the animal is going to look like. I have yet to see anyone else take this approach and I feel it really is a great approach with a local like Nosy Faly.