FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Building your own cage?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 06:41 PM   #6
SIRS
to make a fake rock wall is rather easy all you need is some styrafoam and depending on the size you are making a can of that fill foam stuff also you will need some grout it comes in a few colors and finally some grout sealer thats it what i did was cut the styrefoam into a few diffrent shapes and just used a hot glue gun to stick it to the wall then when you have what you like take the stuff in a can and fill in all the holes around i let it set for a day or so then i used a knife and a soldering gun to cut away at the stuff in to the design you are tring to make after that i let sit cause i was tired then next i applied the grout this will take some time you want it kinda like oatmean but not to thick where it will dry to fast you will have to put many coats on just apply alittle at a time let the first coat dry tottally then do it again and again this is where i got bored and rushed it so dont do like me take your time ,after all coats are applied and dried then you use the grout sealer which just follow the dirctions and all will be fine you can also use some diffrent color paint if you wish but apply it before the sealer also to make a more real look you can add small pebbles to the grout ,looks good .well thats about it and you will be set
Heres some pictures not to good ones of the wall i made for my T.Blondi