FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Bad experience with Shipyourreptiles.com
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 12:44 PM   #62
Pasodama
I don't see how SYR can be blamed for a delay that was caused by another entity.
UPS was contracted and entrusted with the care of a package. If UPS did not follow through (be it a delay, damage, or other), it is the fault of UPS (not SYR).
SYR at least refunded (which not everyone, who ships packages, would do ... just see how many Ads state that they are not responsible for errors caused by the shipping Co.). I don't see what else SYR could do.
Thus, a "bad guy" thread (in this case, on SYR) is, IMO, unwarranted.

To go a little further ...

When it comes to delays, several things can cause this.
Which, BTW, Includes shipping to a rural address - where arriving, later in the day, is a good possibility - and shipping co. excludes these areas, from guarantee, of early, in the day, arrival (may want to keep that in mind).

Delays do not occur with only UPS. Delays, also, occur with FedEx, etc.
Plus, other problems, or horror stories, do not occur (or have not occurred) with only UPS.
No matter who you ship with, there is, always, a risk.

With that said, successful shipments far outweigh the unsuccessful. However, of course, it seems that we tend to hear about the bad, rather than the good, far more. This can have the tendency to skew perceptions.

Another thing to keep in mind, should any problems arise, is to contact SYR rather than UPS (if/when SYR is used).
SYR may be able to get more info, from UPS, than the intended recipient &/or actual shipper. This is because the account, that is being used, is theirs and they are a "preferred customer" (and, being such, have another number, that they can call, where they may be able to get more info).

I have used SYR, several times, and have not had any problems.
Only once was there a same day delay (IOW Package should have arrived earlier, in the day, but did not arrive until later the same day)... plus, the package did not take the expected route.
With its not arriving, at around the time expected and with the package going an unexpected route, I contacted SYR (the recipient always received UPS shipments no later than 11 AM &, in this case, here we were in the early aft.).
SYR was more than helpful in contacting UPS, finding out some things, and calling me back (in timely fashion) with the info. Of course, their hands were tied, as well, unless the package did not arrive until the next day. Regardless, I really appreciated their customer care and the bit of info that they could provide me with.

BTW Although later than expected, the package arrived in great condition (that same day) shortly after I contacted SYR.
I also found out (not via SYR) that some changes had occurred, within UPS, in the form of layoffs (or some such?) and, thus, a re-routing was implemented (IOW routes were changed) ... this, I believe, played some part in the delay that day (and explains why the package took an unexpected route).
Should this have turned into a bigger problem (arriving next day or worse) ... and refunds aside ... I would not have placed a direct blame, on SYR, for the internal workings of UPS (which SYR has no control over and, very likely, would have no knowledge of).