FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Bad experience with Shipyourreptiles.com
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #68
exitree
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB_BPz View Post
I wouldnt even call it approaved. Ship Your Reptiles DOES NOT have permission to ship snakes. A friend of mind is an Overnight Express Supervisor who handles the night shift on express items at the main UPS facility hookd to the MIA airpory, and over a period of nagging and bothering him he still says all POLICIES ARE THE SAME. Snakes are still not allowed to be Shipped through UPS, however SHip You Reptiles is sneaky about how they explain you can by asking you to say it is a "harmless reptile" and to jus drop off>

This jus my advice, if UPS finds out you have shipped a live snake they will have custom fine you and take your snake. Almost happened to me about 2 yrs ago. Through a random inspeaction they discovered my live animal was a snake and flipped. Had a agriculture/customs agent call me...Luckly i was a "naive first timer" so i slipped the loop on that one...

Someone with a SHip Your Reptiles LAbel go to a UPS and say i have a ball python here, please be careful handling. They WILL DENY it....Try it. Just shedding light here...

Pablo Gomez
(Full Name Harold finally got the habit LOL)
UPS is aware of the contracted agreement between UPS and SYR. I had a situation where a couple animals I was supposed to receive were shipped UPS ground. I called and talked to several UPS people and explained the situation I told them there were snakes in the package, and they never did anything, or said that they wouldn't ship it. The only call of concern I got from UPS was when they got a call (I'm assuming it was the scumbag shipper) that said there were live venomous snakes in the package. I explained they were ball pythons and everything was better. Even if they would've sent someone after me for the package containing snakes I'd of been fine since the person who sent the snakes actually sent an empty box instead, but that's another story.