FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Lack of customer service from sellers
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #14
Jynxx25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
Snarky soap box rant coming on... *Beware as I am ENTIRELY beyond snarky today. *

Your profile says you're 41, yet you're acting like a damn teenager. Grow up. It doesn't take a genius to understand how this site works. I don't care how long you've been doing other crap on the web, it's how you act on each individual site that matters. On this site, you're acting entitled, so you've been treated as such *which means you get told to read, understand and THEN interact.*

If you can't handle that, then I don't know what to tell you Mr. IT Desktop Support for 22 years, and Ebay seller since 1998. Woohoo...No one asked for your resume, and it doesn't apply on this site as this site doesn't operate in the same manner.

Since you've been in Customer service for SOOOO many years, then that means you've been dealing with pain in the rear customers for the same amount of years. Which means you should be able to recognize when you're being one of those. But Nope, let's complain instead about how I don't like the way things are going, and then throw a tantrum when I don't get told what I want to hear. Good luck out there to you. You obviously are going to need it.
Grow up? Brandi, why don’t you look into the mirror and ask yourself. I was just making an observation until everyone in this discussion jumped on me, aside from one member.

No one asked for my resume? Yes they did as soon as you all assumed I was inexperienced as stated earlier. So don’t make statements and then complain when someone backs up their credentials. Just proves you do not know what you are talking about or who you are talking too.

Yes, I had customer service in all my years and professions. If you do not like the repeated questions or stupid question even, then don’t breed and sell. You are a seller, you are going to get those inquiries. All I see from the majority of sellers is read the description or “I am a patient person, but I do not like being asked questions I had already answered.” If you are too busy for repeated questions, then don’t sell, obviously if there is not enough time to check the forums and answer repeated questions; then how to you have time to breed snakes?

The person I purchase my first reptile from this site (which died 8 days later by the way) was no different. I asked him when he fed it last, he stated I already told you a week ago. No he did not state he fed it a week ago. He stated he fed it every 7-10 days. So was the 7-10 days yesterday or last week?

Believe me, I tried to get my profile removed, but have not heard anything. In addition, I researched but there is nothing.

This is the forum environment that is just bad. As I stated before, this is a hobby, not an elitist club. People are going to learn by asking questions, Internet research alone is not enough with all the misinformation out there.

But since you and many others had expressed their opinions, perhaps I need to give examples of good… well actually basic customer service.

Rock Shop:
I needed new basking rocks since my reptiles have grown. Went to a Rock and Mineral shop not knowing anything about those things. Looked around the big warehouse. I then asked the owner, what he recommended. I stated that these will be for reptiles and the rock needs to be flat and absorb/radiate heat from a light source. He took his time to show me some samples. I asked if the samples were toxic in any way, he said no. I asked how does he recommend sterilizing the rocks, he said to boil them. I then asked for cleaning can I use soap, he stated soap is fine it will not be absorbed into the rocks.

He did not view me as a needy customer. Nor did he tell me to do my research first before coming in asking questions I am sure he heard many times before. He provided support to my questions.

XXXReptiles:
I just recently purchased a male Purple Passion Ball from XXXReptiles. I first called them asking if I was to purchase a female Potion Ball if I would need to be wary of inbreeding. He assured me that it won’t be an issue. He even stated the breeds I need to be cautious of because of genetics.

I then asked him the parameters he kept the Ball in, he stated 80-82 with no hot spots. Nice to know since the White Diamond I purchased from XXX Reptiles two weeks prior was at 80-82 with a hot spot of 90-92. It was nice that I could adjust the terrarium I had setup for the new arrival.

Summary:
  • Two different breeders (XXX and XXX) and a rock shop took the time to answer questions
  • XXX made a sale of $500. XXX made a sale of $450, and rock shop made a sale of $100
  • No one accused me of being inexperienced, told me to do my research first, or stated read the description
  • (WARNING: RESUME STATEMENT): Experience as a seller, yes I keep telling people how much the shipping is even through I have it listed, but I tell them anyways. It is much easier, faster, and more professional to respond, “USPS Priority shipping is free.” versus “Please look at the description, I try to be patient, but I do not have time to be bothered with questions that is already stated in the description!”
  • (WARNING: RESUME STATEMENT): Experience in IT, yes there are customers/users that need constant repetitive support and/or hand holding, but that is the nature of the business. You just can say they need to get out of the business, if they are an accountant in Finance, they need to use a computer, they are an account, not a technician; they are going to struggle.

Conclusion:
Yes I get it people. You can treat anyone any way you like. That is your choice. For me being a noob, newbie… whatever; I am just making a statement from my experiences on this forum. You don’t like it, cool; You like it, that’s cool too. There is truth to what I am saying, be in denial all you want. But just look at the sale and trade sections. I see a lot more for sales than I do see sold (when I was in the market for Ball Pythons on this site).