FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Is This a Good Idea?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 01:17 PM   #17
Lonermon
<copied from my comments on the picture pages and added to >
thanks for all the comments

1) yes i am well aware of the fact that this is a venemous snake , and i have seen the results of her venom on live mice .

2) its not because of "people like me " that anythign is being banned .i have never been bitten by a hot snake ,nor have i ever caused anyone else to be bitten .

3) im familiar with the temperment of all my snakes . this particular snake is VERY docile . having been handled by me since jsut after birth .

4)althjough i dont even begin to say that there is no possability of her striking this shot was taken on a cool day , her having been recently fed as well . at the time of the photo ( which ws taken without flash ) she was nerly dormant

no she is not a venemoid . no i didnt take this picture to "get a rise" out of people . i took this picture to show off her coloring .
cottonmouths ARE venemous . but not lethal . but thats nto to say that id be willign to get bit jsut becasue it woudnt be lethal . theres a reason i have never been bit . and to those of you that are gonna say " no matter how docile the snake is , no matter how cold it was , no matter how well you know its temperment . your still stupid and asking to be bit " . well i suggest you never get in a car , because no matter how long youve been driving or how alert you are the possability still exhists for you to be killed in a horrible accident.