FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Melissa Kaplan
Thread: Melissa Kaplan
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2002, 02:26 PM   #5
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
I don't believe that she gives out "bad" info.  As I said, her iggy care sheets are great and she does have alot of experience on the rescue and care of green iguanas.  However, I just disagree with alot of her ideas.  Not because they are wrong per se(they could be, but might not be), but because I have a different opinion and experience regarding the issues she discusses.
As far as people in the rescue game being for the ban, I have yet to see this.  I know many people who act as reptile rescue/adoption services and I have yet to speak to any of them that agree with the ban wholeheartedly.  There are far more dogs and cats euthanized and placed in shelters every year, but the HSUS and animal shelter volunteers don't even think about banning them.  
My personal opinion is that if you are out rescuing these large and difficult to house herps, you should spend more time educating people about the responsibilities of keeping these animals, not trying to make it so people can never have them.