FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What Are Some Tips I Can Get On Working With Cobras?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 11:53 PM   #17
MiamiCracker
Ok first and foremost....I AM NOT TROLLING OR STARTING AN ARGUEMENT.......

that being said......I dont think the number of posts I have should have anything to do with anything...(I understand the whole meeting more people and that)......
I didnt say all potential mentors I said most of the ones I have met.
I dont mind helping and I expect to ...but when (and this has happened more than once)
I get to the mentors house and they already have all the snakes (including non-venomous) in temp. cages so I can get right to cleaning and then go in the house and watch TV while I clean and then when i'm done cleaning they basically throw the snakes back in their cages all the while acting like they are talking to a 5 year old....(and this has happened a few times) well then you can just take your "help"and stick it.
Cleaning cages has nothing to do with learning how to handle venomous snakes.......there is no correlation what so ever with cleaning poo and making sure you dont get tagged.
cleaning tells you about the snake its self like where it like to hide, bask, what branch it like more than the rest and so forth but nothing to do with actual handling. and as for the Karate kid reference.....really.....again nothing to do with what I was talking about...and Grasshopper is not from The Karate Kid it's from Kung Fu with David Carradine. and again cleaning cages will not teach you anything about handleing a snake. unless your the one removing it or returning it.
I have had venomous before I have over 20 years expierence but I have never had anybody "sign off" so I can get my VRL (I live in Florida) I know what i'm doing, I have never been tagged (knocking on wood), but I would still love to find somebody who would be willing to help me get it done but again mostly what you find is what I said in my o.p.
sorry for thread jacking but its one of the most annoying subjects.