FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Eastern DiamondBack Rattlesnake's
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 10:33 AM   #58
54bogger
Thanks' for your question, I'll try and answer but it most likely wont make any sense to you. As a child I was always fascinated by not just snake's but rattlesnake's there was a mystic quality about them. I was brought up to FEAR rattlesnake's because their very deadly, any time one was seen it was automatically killed! I've been a hunter all my life (I'm 49 now) and have spent many hours in the wood's, when I would be hunting by myself and come up on a rattlesnake I liked to just watch it. When I stood there in front of it guess what? it wasn't the MONSTER I'd been told that it was! If I stood there long enough the snake would stop rattling and simply crawl off. As I began to see these snake's in a different light I began to try and inter act with them more and more, what I found out was that they aren't EVIL,MEAN,WICKED and NASTY. So slowly I began working with Eastern Diamondback Rattlers both w/c and c/b and I have found that they do respond to a person's touch. If your kind to them that means your calm around them and they sense that. I have a great love for these snake's. I never expect anyone to understand what I do only that they just be respectful of it as my choice, we all like different things in life this just happens to be mine.
I told you this probably wont make any sense to you but I tried.lol