FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - BP Experts Needed! Something Odd Happened...
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 05:21 AM   #4
snowolf182
Okay. Crazy story. My brother had a adult grey band king snake a few years back. He’d had ghost since he was a hatchling and he was roughly 4-5 years at the point the following occurred. My nephew come over and decided to grab his dads snake out of its enclosure, now. Why he thought it would be okay to take ghost out into a Niagara Falls winter to run the dogs. (Had him around his neck) is beyond me. (If I had of known he grabbed him I would have stopped him) but he did. He took the dog out. Come back in. Was talking to his brother and then went upstairs to put the snake away and realized he’d lost him... out in the snow o.O. Now. It was about 11 pm. (My bro worked nights and wasn’t home til 2-3am) Went out with flash lights. Everything. Couldn’t find ghost ANYWHERE.. The next morning I checked for snake tracks in the snow. I looked through anything desirable that he may have found shelter on to get him out of the ice. Nada. Last ditch effort.. I looked behind some pots on the porch by the door (that I had checked the night before to no avail) and wha do you know! Ghost was there, curled up. Limp as a spaghetti noodle. No visable breathing and he was so cold he felt like a icicle the poor bugger.. I brought him inside and showed my brother. He was heart broken. (My nephew was 24 at the time and had gone home by this point).. but I thought something was a little off.. now. I know snakes hibernate. And I figured hey.. he’s not “stiff” he’s just limp.. his body hasn’t gone into rigo so I got to work. I grabbed a wash cloth. Lined it with Luke warm water to not raise his temp to fast too quick... and I laid It on top of his heating mat.. then put him on it.. checked on him periodically didn’t seem to be working.. until his body started coming up to temp.. I started to notice little quivers.. like twitches almost. About ten minutes later, I seen visable signs that he was breathing and even little tongue flicks.. and then he started to move around mostly normal for the most part. I took him up to my brother who was grinning like a Cheshire Cat that his boy was for the most part alright.

I say the most part because although he didn’t have a respiratory infection his eyes always had a milky haze to them. Like a stuck shed almost if that makes sense? He still hunted and stuff okay just more misses. (And he used to strike and hit every time. And I mean every time). So keep an eye on her.

Hope this Helps!