FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Frilled Dragon Care Sheet
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 01:05 AM   #2
AlamoAgama
humidity is not listed here.

frill dragons have sensitive skin. especially young frill dragons under a year old. i like to achieve humidity in the 85% range for at least a few straight hours a day.

high humidity is vital to good health.

to high humidity could result in mildew, mold, and small dirt mites(non harmful) and springtail bugs in the substrate. it is ideal to let the substrate dry before saturating again with water. having lots of branches and cork bark in the enclosure help hold humidity in the enclosure longer.

anther thing to note. young frill dragons under 4 inches snout to vent should be housed in warmer temps. 75 is a bit to cool for younger frills in my experience. 80 is as low as i go in the day time in side my enclosures. 65 night temp is far to cold for younger frills. but ok for yearling/over a year old. i use an infa-red temp gun. available for very cheep on ebay. its the only thing i use to measure temps. as other devices cant do what it can do.

-i just felt like contributing to this care sheet. i felt it lacked a little bit of info....

but honestly if i were to put every little advice in here. it would be 5 pages long....