FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - All That Slitherz Reptiles (ATS Reptiles) Charles Clifford-Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 09:29 PM   #6
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
That is good work, I even posted on one of those threads. I searched all over the BOI and came up with nothing. Dennis, what is your secret?
Well first I remembered that thread we both posted in and knew there was another thread somewhere.

The problem is the search function doesn’t work with three letter words or less (ATS). A huge problem for all those good people that use initials in their business name. So, when you do a search on a company called ABC Reptiles, the only thing the search engine checks for is the word reptiles. Way to many companies with that name in the title to be any use.

When you search for “ All That Slithers”, “All” is to short to search for, “That” is to common, “Slithers” is all that is left. But the persons in the other threads typed it as “Allthatslithers” one word. That is what you have to search for.

Also if searching for a company such as A and B Reptiles. You would need to search many different ways

Abreptiles
AandB reptiles
AandBreptiles
A&Breptiles
Then there is always someone who does something like ~abreptiles~ in the title or a.b.reptiles… which throws everything off.
Then you have to search by their given name as well. In this thread you have different ways to do that as well.
Charles
Chuck
Clifford
Chuck&Amber
Chuck Amber
Etc, etc, etc
Then you can search the message bodies instead of thread titles using a combination of the persons name and business name. Such as “Chuck slithers ”.

That's all I did.