FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Enough is enough with the classifieds (*or* Why you cannot reply to classified ads)
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #8
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
I, too, have some feedback.

It seems a bit contradictory for the home of the BOI to be so rabidly opposed to its members asking questions and/or pointing out inconsistencies or misrepresentations within its own classified ads. Yes, some members, including myself, have been disruptive. However, the fact remains that in some cases, Fauna is becoming a safe haven for the very types of unscrupulous dealers that the BOI was created to protect against.

I have a feeling there will be surge of new activity on the Board of Inquiry.

Mike, I think everyone just needs to use the BOI for that purpose. You can simply link to the ads on the BOI of questionable situations. If people can't find the BOI on the same site they are using the classifieds at, I don't know if there is much hope in saving them from a bad transaction. I wouldn't call that a safe haven but more of a change in format. Most places you can't even post in the classifieds let alone state that the person is bad to do business with. Here they just have to check another forum on the same site.