FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - A scary day: Barely avoided a bad car wreck, need advice...
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
snowgyre
A scary day: Barely avoided a bad car wreck, need advice...

Today was a scary day. First off, no accident occurred, but it was damn close. I was at a four way intersection, which has two dedicated left turn lanes. I was in the inner turn lane, so my driver's side was facing incoming traffic. A minivan was in front of me, and an SUV was at my side.

I don't know how I saw it, but I spotted a white Prius (with NJ plates, go figure), careening toward the intersection on my side. I slammed on the brakes and hit the horn. He had to be going at least 50mph. I don't know how he avoided the minivan or the SUV, but he crossed three lanes of traffic and made an emergency left turn into a Lowes parking lot. It was scarier than hell... I thought for sure I was going to watch the driver of that minivan die in front of me.

That made me realize that the first aid kit I have in my trunk is woefully inadequate for something as serious as a car wreck. I do keep at least a gallon of water and a fire extinguisher in there at all times, but are there any EMT/firefighters/survivalists who could give me some sound advice about creating a first aid kit specifically for my car? I will admit my first aid kit was more for the possibility of breaking down on the side of the road when I was doing work out in Montana, and more to pair with my basic survival kit (fire starter, emergency blanket, paper towels, rope, etc.). Any advice? Thanks ahead of time.