FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Venomoids, the right and the wrong.
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 11:09 AM   #16
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
I was attempting to use the word extreme or extremist as an example of the 2 completely different sides. One side only wants one thing and won't budge to change and the other side being the same but with their opposite point of views.
That may have been your intent, but what you said was
Quote:
Instead of being an extremist why not point them in the right direction
That pretty much says that your side is right, and the other one is wrong.
You are correct, though, in that the two sides are entrenched. No amount of posting will convert anybody that has chosen a stance.

I don't know if you have bothered to read any of the other threads on this topic here, but there's some interesting reading - even if you bypass the "extremist" stories about "hacks" butchering snakes in their basements, lol. Gary has posted an account from a very reliable source which addresses "hot" voids (he has also pointed out that your vendor of choice will not guarantee that a snake is rendered harmless & incapable of venom production). I had a friend who was nearly killed by a surgically altered cobra - though that doesn't have much to do with my opinion on the matter -I know I've referenced it, and I think I've posted the full story, too.