FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Affirmative action
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 08:54 PM   #8
Chameleon Company
John,
Sorry for the nonsense that you had to put up with. While the whole concept of affirmative action still has many of us wondering "how did we ever start this mess", the even bigger question now seems to be "OK, now that we have this monster, how do we get rid of it", as it has become the fabric of so many things. All that aside, what struck me as pathetic in all of this was the individual's response to you to begin with, as I haven't connected the dots yet on reckless illegal parking and affirmative action, although I have to guess that it was a "privilege" denied you, but granted to him
Just another thought from CNN earlier today. They were interviewing people waiting in line outside the Apollo in NYC to view the body of James Brown. They gave abut a minute to a teenage black girl, who was saying many good things about James Brown, and she ended her words by saying "And 'Yes', I am proud to be black". My first thoughts were of perhaps waiting in line to view President Ford or some other dead dignitary, getting my 30 seconds with a CNN camera and mike, and saying "I am proud to be white", the "affirmative action" angle being that my pride would not be as well received .