FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Can't upload attachment with Chrome or"Exploder"
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #18
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Did you determine that you were continually trying to upload the same pic files, and those files were causing the problem?

Files do get corrupted sometimes. And although a device will say that it outputs files in a particular format, doesn't mean that the "format" is to spec and will be compatible with everything.

So are you still using the same camera device that you used before?

As far as this site is concerned, I will say that the new data center this site is now located in is VERY security conscious. So it's entirely possible that if a file looks even slightly suspect, the security routines on my server will reject it. Not saying that is the case here, but heck, I got locked out of my own server when I was doing testing and the security safeguards thought my actions were suspicious.

FYI, one way that hackers will gain access to a server is by triggering error conditions with file transfers. So it's quite likely the server guys set up my server with that in mind.
Nothing has changed on my end. Snap a pic and upload. Just an issue with two recent pics. Uploaded to FB with zero issues, with any device. Tried an earlier pic and it went,so I saved them from FB,and they uploaded that way.