FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - thereptileroom = cheat of the month
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 06:38 PM   #75
Denisebme
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfos

And out of 772 members only 213 have requested to even be part of the war room. That leaves 559 members who have chosen not to be part of that group. As for forum views it does rank highest, but also I contribute that to the "rubber neck" factor. Everyone by nature wants to see the carnage and will look multiple times before driving on.

As for Frank. Anyone who knows him from the old days of Bob Clark Forums knows all too well Frank speaks his mind and what he feels without holding back. Some of the old timers from Bob Clark Forums can remember the "Get Abused By Frank" forum which was a riot to read. People actually posted there asking to get abused by Frank. TRR does not try to control members as to where they post or what they may post in other fourms. There was no prodding behind the scenes to get him to come here and act in a disruptive manner, as he did it on his own accord. I didn't even know about it till about an hour ago and what ever he posted is deleted. Is what he did right? No, but grouping an entire forum for one members actions is not exactly right either. One has to remember the 559 members who have absolutely nothing to do with the war room at all. Plus as stated in another post here the war room is just what we were known for in the beginning much like Fauna was known for the BOI. People came to Fauna for the BOI and found other things they liked and stayed. Same with TRR.

And trust me it isn't easy keeping what goes on in the war rooms there where it belongs and out of the other general forums. That has given me a new found respect for staff on other sites like here where they do not allow any type of content that the war room allows anywhere at all. Rich and his staff have to be respected because it takes a lot of work dealing with all the complaints and issues which come up daily.
First off, I have to say that not only am I a member of fauna, I am also a member of TRR. I think that what Rich has done here on Fauna is admirable, and I can not say enough positive about this forum.
I'm also a fan of TRR. Not because of the "war" room, though I am a member of it, as I am "hell" here. I truly like Gary, he's real, and a genuine nice guy. His site is small, very personal, and with the exception of "war", which I don't often read, very friendly.
I also know Frank (FCesaro) personally, I bought a snake from him, and I used to work with him. It's a small world. Yes, he's brash and his comments here were completely inappropriate, but he's a good guy.
There are quite a few good sites on the net, TRR brings something very different to the table, and I respect that. Fauna and the BOI are unique, and I can't imagine anyone being able to do it as well and Rick and crew, and IMO, Fauna is probably the best resource on the net for the hobbyist/breeder.
It's good to see Rich and Gary in the same forum, and showing support for each other. Both of you guys are class acts!