FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 03:12 PM   #94
Winter
Well, I have my supplies ready for shipping (Thanks Scales), my paperwork for the test package all filled out and ready to go, and I have made the phone calls to try to find out if there is anything else I need to do beyond sending the package in.

One thing I have had problems with is that I can't seem to get in touch with anyone that knows anything about this waiver. I've talked to reps and their bosses, and almost every single person I catch on the phone is friendly, but certain that I must have imagined that Fed Ex would even consider shipping live/harmless reptiles.

Anyhow, I was just hoping to send the package in regardless, but I have also run into a wall with trying to figure out whether I am going to be charged or not to send out the test package. I have been told that I would not have to pay anything to have the package shipped to their test facility if I just walk the package in at the local hub and tell them I need it tested, but then I was also told by someone else that I would need to cover the costs of the services rendered. Which is the correct answer in your experiences?

Also, I noticed on the packaging services application that they ask you to describe what products you are shipping. Obviously the package would be put together different if I were shipping a baby Crested gecko, then if I were shipping an adult python. Do I need to ship more than one package showing the few variations in shipping set-ups (i.e. box size, bag versus deli cup, heat packs versus cold packs, etc.)?

While I am writing this, it is crossing my mind that these questions might have obvious answers, but I am worried about doing this the right way. Thanks in advance for any feedback that anyone can provide,

Lauren Rost