FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Is my thinking unreasonable?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2002, 04:58 PM   #9
Darin Chappell
Shaun,

It seems to me that Brandon was more than just a "looker" who was hesitant about what he wanted. If he is to be believed, he said that he offered to come buy the snake before Thanksgiving. He also offered to send Gary money in more than one fashion. Brandon spoke to Gary on more than one occassion about how he could BUY that snake, and Gary put him off. Brandon then misses ONE call, and the next thing he knows, the snake is sold.

You may think that this is fine. However, Gary says that he thinks he might have used poor judgment, and I would tend to agree. It seems to me that after having talked to someone (multiple times) about coming to pick the snake up with money in hand, making sure the deal has fallen through might be a good idea before selling it to someone else.

Of course, that is why I don't usually hold snakes for people unless I have money in my hand. Gary may want to approach things a bit differently next time.

I hate to ask this, but curiosity is killing me. Gary, you didn't happen to sell this snake to Shaun for a price higher than that which you quoted to Brandon, did you? I'm not accusing anyone of anything here, but it is something that is tugging at my mind a bit.