FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - My 1st Boa Breeding Attempt
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #27
Twizted Paths

YAY! Debate

This may be my first time trying to breed, but I've been keeping boas for aboutish 13 years, balls & natives longer. I've kept both males and females. Both sexes have cycled themselves for breeding ~gone off fed, produced sperm, ovulated against my will.

Despite me jacking up ambient temps, keeping bright lights on, never turning down their hot spot & despite informing them that I am the Human & they will do as I bid.

I don't believe in cooling. I personally don't think it's safe or necessary for boas based on my own personal observation & research. Then again I don't keep my boas in a designated room or building with completely static temps either, they also all get hauled out of their ages to roam around (supervised) & when possible taken outside.

My breeding didn't fail from me refusing to cool, it failed because MiCara wasn't co operating & I refused to risk Fitz there by missing the window.

She ovulated and he was defiantly producing sperm ( tried to breed my arm!) with out either of them being cooled.

...And ya'all can't both defend me from each other